Let Them Be Heard!
Modern technology has changed what a discussion looks like and how many voices can be heard at one time.
Learn the mobile / online best practices for engaging students in discussions 24/7.
Test tools, determine which are the best for your classroom and how you will use them with your students.
Challenge: What platform(s) or tool(s) would be the most functional for your classroom or teachers at your school?
- Choose a discussion strategy you would like to focus on. See Discussion Strategy Chart
- Explore / play with some of the platforms / tools.
- Determine which is the most functional platform or tool for your classroom or teachers at your school. Consider the following questions as you explore:
- Why do you believe the platform or tool is the most appropriate for this strategy and your class or school?
- What are the pros and cons of the platform or tool?
- How do you see this platform or tool being used within this strategy?
- Keep in Mind:
- Think of student level, accessibility, features, grading, mobile capability, student devices
- Share with your peers by submitting your thoughts via the Google Form: Discussion Platforms/Tools & Functionality
- If you have time, move on to another strategy and repeat the process above.