Don’t teach in a 1:1 device classroom? No problem. Ask students to turn on their smartphones (or iPod touches) to bring the 21st Century into your classroom. Or even if you do, this session is also for you. Whatever you learn today can be used on ALL computing devices - tablets and laptops, too.
Please bring your laptop and mobile device (iOS or Android) to this workshop.
- Back channeling when you can't use Twitter in the classroom.
- Give quizzes, polls, and assess students' understanding.
- Turn in assignments and hold online discussions on the go.
- Where can you host the videos, multimedia, and curriculum materials you provide when you teach in a flipped or blended learning classroom?
- Love Edmodo? Did you know that there's a new player in town that's even more awesome? Learn how to do more with social learning.
- Learn how to annotate pictures and PDF files to show understanding of a concept.
- Find workflow solutions. How can students turn in work from their mobile devices
- Today's Meet - Twitter is blocked at your site? Try Today's meet instead.
- Socrative - Give quizzes, polls, and assess students' understanding
- Schoology - Turn in assignments, take polls, and hold online discussions on the go.
- Evernote - Students can organize their notes, share notebooks, and send notes from email.
- Skitch - Annotate images and PDFs.